Friday, December 9, 2022

‘Devastated’ Family of Marine That Biden Left Behind in Russia Speaks Out After Trade for Brittney Griner

"Paul Whelan, the U.S. Marine that has been held in Russia for over four years on suspicion of  being a “spy,” reacted on Thursday to the news that the Biden administration had secured the release of WNBA star Brittney Griner.
Griner was swapped for arms dealer Viktor Bout, nicknamed “The Merchant of Death.” Bout was serving a 25-year federal prison sentence for conspiring to kill U.S. citizens, providing support to a terrorist organization, and delivering anti-aircraft missiles. Griner was arrested in Russia in February, a week before the Russian invasion of Ukraine, for illegal possession of cannabis oil.
Whelan gave a statement about the Biden prisoner swap to CNN.
I am greatly disappointed that more has not been done to secure my release, especially as the four year anniversary of my arrest is coming up. I was arrested for a crime that never occurred,” Paul Whelan told CNN’s Jennifer Hansler. “I don’t understand why I’m still sitting here.PJMedia

No comments:

Post a Comment